is Jemgine ready for use?

Aug 4, 2011 at 8:50 PM

Hi, 

I just come across your really nice tool. I just started experimenting but because of work I haven't been too far. I was just wondering I could do a finished game with it. Let say street of rage or metal slug. Is there anything I should be aware of before starting investing more time on this. Nice work anyway. 

Cheers

Coordinator
Aug 5, 2011 at 3:31 AM

Hi. It's ready to go for certain kinds of games. It's still pretty rough around the edges. It's really great at physics-heavy platformers.

Aug 22, 2011 at 4:12 PM

It is a=in any case a great source of inspiration. I have problem with he last build. Whenver I build the editor an exception is thrown. Any idea what could be causing that ?

Coordinator
Aug 23, 2011 at 12:19 PM

Not without knowing what the exception is.

Aug 24, 2011 at 8:42 AM

The exception is  a microsoft xna contentLoad type expression. The editor still launch and the grid appreas for a second then the execption is thrown. 

Coordinator
Aug 24, 2011 at 12:05 PM

First go find C:\Users\yourname\appdata\roaming\Jemgine and delete everything in there.

Then try running it from visual studio. You should get a config popup. You need to fill in the path fields correctly, pointing them to the engine executable. I have my copy setup to point to the bin/x86/debug folder of the Antioch project.

Aug 24, 2011 at 1:48 PM

thanks that actually did the trick.